Tuesday, February 24, 2009

wisteria hysteria


So, I've been trying to work on my Wisteria. I've been working on it since yesterday, and i'm only on row 5. It would have helped had I read the pattern correctly for the first few rows. I had to tink and reknit. (I hate frogging on circulars, it would mean I would have to do a join again, which i didn't want to do, since I did it mobious free)

The color is gorgeous. Paris Nights. Deep dark midnight blue. I was actually expecting a little more in the way of color variation, but apparently the lot I ordered doesn't have much. Which is fine, i didn't want the color variations to detract from the lovely cables on this sweater.
Not only did I swatch, I also washed and blocked my swatch too! I'm glad because the malabrigo really grows after a soak. Had to go down to US7 and repeat the process. Perfect results this time.

Here's a pic of the yarn when i was swatching. Oh, on top of my awesome giftie from Jeff, a new mac book! yay!

No comments: