
Well, as it turns out, my wisteria cast on WAS a mobius. So, I had to frog it and start over anyway. I'm on row 5 again, and things are going much smoother this time around.
Also, picked up some gorgeous Malabrigo sock yarn in Archangel. The LYS was kind enough to let me use the swift and ball winder in the back so I wouldn't have to wind by hand. yay!
So, i started thinking of doing the Rivendell socks. I purchased the pattern and c/o. I was using DPN's instead of magic loop and the pattern caught me off guard with the wraps in R3. And its looked like i was way under gauge. As I looked at more of the pattern and read up on issues that previous knitters have had, I decided this isn't the pattern for me, right now anyway. Im still so new to sock knitting - I need a pattern thats easy to follow with great results. So, I decided on the Monkey pattern. i had no idea Monkey was in Clapotis or CPH catagory with all the people knitting it! So, hopefully this will go quickly and with few errors. I would like to have them done and in the mail by March 20th.
In other news: COLD today! I was hoping we were done with this frigid arctic wind, but alas, -38 wind chill today. I was not up for taking the bus today and trudging to work with that wind. yesterday it was enough having to walk through the snow since there's no room to walk on the road. Five weeks until scooter weather!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment