Monday, November 3, 2008

all about the babiez

So, trying to finally finish the sweaters for Layla and Luke. Actually, Layla's is finished, it has been for some time. Luke's sweater however, has been a bit of a headache. I found that I had trouble keeping good tension on the cotton yarn at first. The bottom of the sweater has several loose stitches and looked quite wonky and uneven. I had converted this to work in the round, when I got up to the armholes, i split the stitches incorrectly, so my cables were lopsided.
After all this, I just couldn't work on it, it aggravated me.
So, I just frogged it. Well, not all of it. I frogged until about 3 inches from the CO edge. and basically started all over again. I took this photo today - I have almost gotten to the point where I had stopped the first time. And its looking MUCH better this time.. good tension, and i didn't screw up on the stitiches this time, YAY me. I would like to finish this by Friday.
The pink sweater is the one I did for Layla. I love it with the black ribbon.


No comments: